In oncology, the condition of the skin leaves much to be desired. Chemotherapy, radiation therapy, a whole arsenal of other drugs that need to be taken to maintain immunity, well-being worsen the quality of the skin, reducing its protective properties. For women, the desire to look attractive is completely natural. Simple beauty rules will help to preserve health and beauty and add a good mood.
Faced with cancer, a person experiences the most negative emotions and experiences. Fear, despair, irritation, aggression, guilt – all this is overwhelming and makes life unbearably difficult. And the reflection in the mirror does not please. During treatment, you can gain extra pounds, or vice versa, to emaciate into impossibility, hair, eyelashes can begin to fall out, thinning eyebrows. How to accept yourself and help the body recover from aggressive procedures?
As a rule, in beauty salons with cancer patients in our country simply do not know how to behave, and therefore quite often can even refuse services. But not on purpose, but because they are afraid of harm.
Aggressive cancer treatments alter the condition of the skin. It becomes sensitive, dry, peel off, strong inflammatory elements may appear, its hydro balance and protective functions are disturbed. Therefore, it is reasonable to slightly adjust (not drastically) your usual beauty-care.
1. Instead of soap, use mild cleansing gels and foams with neutral skin pH, milk, emulsion or micellar water. Water for washing should be warm, not hot.
2. To soften the anti-inflammatory effect and reduce sensitivity, use thermal water, preferably with magnesium. You can find similar products in the segment of pharmaceutical cosmetics from different brands.
3. If you previously used a liquid moisturizing emulsion, perhaps now, you are more suitable nourishing cream.
4. Avoid cosmetics with irritating skin AHA and BHA acids, retinol, and other cosmeceutical beauty products, with an increased concentration of active substances.
5. Include products with hyaluronic acid, natural moisturizing factor (NMF), lecithin, borage oil, currant seed oil. They help restore the phospholipid layer, which performs the function of protecting the skin.
6. To remove reddening of the skin, and this is possible, it is recommended to use a soothing agent based on lavender extract, chamomile, alone. Of course, provided that there is no individual intolerance.
7. Forget about scrubs with hard abrasive particles. Replace them with peels based on soft polyethylene particles. It is better not to apply it more often 1 time in 7-10 days.
8. Always protect your skin from ultraviolet radiation. To do this, be sure to apply funds with an SPF of at least 50+. You can also choose a tonal tool, at the same time leveling the surface of the skin and having protective properties of the filter from the sun’s rays. These today produce many brands of decorative makeup. They include physical filters based on titanium oxide and zinc dioxide.
When using glucocorticosteroids (GCS) as part of comprehensive treatment, edema may appear. In this case, you can use ice cubes, which will help get rid of excess fluid.
Any type of massage and drainage procedures, such as lymphatic drainage.
Hardware procedures. Including microcurrent effect, vacuum-roller procedures.
Laser technology. Any heat exposure can provoke an undesirable reaction.
Invasive techniques. Botox injections, revitalization, mesotherapy are banned, this is how stimulation occurs at all levels of the dermis, which is contraindicated in oncology.